Our Independent Premier (IP) program is sanctioned under Dragons SC (a Kansas City youth soccer organization) through USSSA (a member of U.S. Soccer). This program is offered to give local and highly successful youth soccer recreational teams an opportunity to play in local competitive leagues and tournaments. Recreational teams seeking a higher level of play are generally a group of friends that have grown up playing together and want to stay together and keep the same coach.
By becoming an Independent Premier team under Dragons SC, we will card your players and provide an official state roster for you to participate in a higher level of competition via Premier leagues and tournaments throughout the U.S.
- Teams must be moving from a Recreational or other Independent Premier program to participate.
- Volunteer coaches only.
- DSC is an Under Armour club and it is expected that all teams wear Under Armour uniforms. (You can order Under Armour uniforms through us at a significant discount.)
- If you have uniforms with no brand logo i.e. (Nike, Adidas) we can put our patch on the upper left side of your current uniforms. All Independent Premier teams must have the Dragons SC shield on their uniforms.
- Teams will register with DSC.
- Teams must play under the U.S. Soccer Age group guidelines (birth year). If you have teams that have multiple birth years you must play at the level of the oldest kid on your team.
- Teams must play under the Premier roster size for their particular league.
- All coaches must be carded and have at least an “F License” or completed one of the U.S. Soccer Grassroots courses or equivalent United Soccer Coaches (formerly NSCAA) course.
We offer two different options. If you just want us to card and roster your team, the best option is Team + Coach(es) only. If you want us to card, roster and register your team for league play, choose Team, Coach(es) + League.
Team + Coach(es) Only: $35 per player, $30 per coach, per season. (Please note that this covers carding and an official roster for your team, not your league fees. Your coach will arrange the split for (the league fee.) This $30 per coach also covers a background check.
Team, Coach(es) + League: $145 per player. $30 per coach. If you choose to play Heartland’s Premier league, our Registrar will register your team.
Fall 2018 Registration Deadline is June 12th.
A late fee of $50 will be assessed for any teams past the deadline of June 12th.